Friday, January 16, 2009

All growns up...*

*One day, we'll watch Swingers with Vince Vaughn and you'll hopefully like it as much as I do, and you'll understand where that line came from. If you don't like it, I will lose a small amount of respect for you.


When I picked you up at daycare the other day, it seems as though you had morphed from a crazy toddler into an actual human being. I almost fell to the ground in shock when you grabbed your little backpack from me, swung it over your shoulder (hitchhiker style), walked right past me, pushed the door open, and walked to the front door and pushed that open too. You didn't even bother to look back to see if I was behind you, as you were obviously on a mission. Perhaps you had an appointment I was unaware of, a date, or some other important happening that we hadn't spoken about. I just watched you with huge, saucer-ish eyes, and thought, look at that kid go. He appears to be very busy. Wow.


That same day, you were involved in a lovers quarrel with your girlfriend when I walked in to pick you up. She had previously blamed you for tearing a page out of a book (she screamed "DANIEL!!!" and pointed at you as soon as the torn pages were discovered), and on this day, you grabbed something out of her hands and ran with it. She didn't appreciate this, and ran towards you squealing and shouting your name at a very high pitch. You appeared unconcerned. The lady who takes care of you, Nessa, had to come break up the fight. She made you apologize (you wouldn't) and told your girlfriend to come and give you a hug (she wouldn't). Instead, she walked over to Andrew (or Drew-Drew as you call him) and hugged him instead. Love is fickle, and it's best you learn that early. Either way, here is a picture of the pretty young thang you keep company with, Tamarri:


I think she is so absolutely adorable, and I asked her mother if we could set up an arranged marriage. Her mom didn't even crack a smile at this, and seemed to be in a rush to get away from me as soon as she could. Some people have no sense of humor. Luckily, you do.

No comments: