Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just an FYI...

Danny, just wanted to let you know that you have some very strange nicknames. If, when you read this fifteen or so years from now (if you haven't gouged out your eyes during a particularly horrible tantrum), you wonder what we called you way back when, here's a rundown:



Lola
Please direct your inquiries about this one to my post about Barry Manilow (shudder, gag) ending up on my IPOD.

Shoe Shoe
This was actually one of your first words, but you always seemed to say it twice, and very quickly, so it came out as one word, sounding like, "shewshew". We have shortened it to Shoe, and around the house, you'll hear things like, "I just did a Shoe load," (a load of laundry with your clothes) or, "Shoe just ate something off the floor." Anyone not knowing the back story will obviously think we are crazy. And call DCS. Quickly.

Zelda
You like to wear headbands. I swear. I have pictorial documentation of such. You especially seem to enjoy my red headband, and whenever my Mom sees you wearing it, she'll squeal, "Zellldaaaaa," in delight. I asked her the meaning behind Zelda, and she said, "I dunno. He just looks like he's about to go to the deli to pick up some pastrami," and then in a NY/NJ Jewish mutha voice she said, "Zellldaaa, would you pick me up some tongue, sliced thin, from the tip? Thanks, Zellldaaa." DCS. On speed dial.

Rain Man
You say, "Uh oh!!!" for evvvvverything. Someone looks like they might fall, in ten minutes, down the street where you can't even see them- UH OH! Someone drops the smallest teeniest crumb on the floor, unseeable and/or unsmellable by most humans and canines that inhabit the residence-UH OH! You are like the UH OH police. You leave no UH OH stone unturned. Apparently, Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man (a movie you will see when you're 35 and I let you watch rated R movies) says it all. the. time. Fitting, I suppose.



Um, nothing really.
What we told my grandmother (not Nonny), who asked if we have any nicknames for you. It was better that way, really.



Proof, SUCKA.

No comments: